Thursday, December 4, 2008

Adrian Andreica , Romania

During a full week spent in France I had a new, interesting, experience that made me remember it for the rest of my life because such wonderful memories and pleasant life experiences guide you through a better understanding of different nations, cultures and communities.
The first thing I noticed while I was hosted by a French family was that the parents have a close relationship with their children and the bond between them is very strong. I integrated very fast in the family and I appreciated the fact that they really liked my presence there and treated me as their own child.
Families form a country and to know its ways and traditions I strongly believe that you have to live the kind of experience that I did. Joy and happiness are only a couple of words which describe the atmosphere at school and in the family. We also worked quite a lot and achieved many objectives. It was a win-win situation between me and the French partner that hosted me because we practiced our English and I also practiced my French.
I also could see the way students spend their week at school, their study schedule and free time which is a bit different from ours.
The project activities were very exciting and brought me tons of information that already proves very useful.
Every day I spent in France was full of excitement and I feel that every day learnt something new about the French people’s behavior and traditions. By visiting the important towns I formed an opinion about French architects and structures.
Another amazing thing was that we participated in a conference with a former illegal immigrant and he shared with us what he had to face to become a French citizen and we discussed what could be done in the matter of immigrants and emigration.
Day after day I began to like it more and more and I really felt like at home. I was enjoying all the activities and the field trips. I met French, German, Polish and Turkish students who became good friends of mine and I hope I’ll meet them again. Travelling conditions were excellent and I enjoyed the flights.
Overall the project trip was a total success in my opinion and I’m looking forward to welcoming the partners into our school in Romania and to have them taste a bit of our traditions and moral fibers.
Adrian Andreica, Baia Mare, RO

No comments: