Saturday, June 19, 2010

Feedback Janina

Wow- I just can say wow to our trip to Bursa. I’m sure, that we all will never forget this time there. We just met so many nice people in Turkey and in my eyes the nice Turkish students and teachers really tried to make our trip wonderful . I really liked the Turkish hospitality. They all were so outgoing and they wanted us to feel comfortable and happy. So our part, to make them happy was just to eat and say that the meal is pretty good ;). But I’ve to say, that during our trip, I was almost annoyed of the typical Turkish tea, but when I came home, I really missed the students who were saying- “Tea Time”.
So until now, I just talked about the good things there, but there is also one fact, which I don’t like: The rules for the girls. On the one hand I understand, we have to respect the other culture and conventions, but on the other hand, these things made it hard for the girls to talk to the male students beyond the program.
Anyhow, Bursa and the Turkish culture were really interesting for me. It wasn’t my first time in Turkey, but it was the first time I wasn’t in the typical touristic cities. So it was all the more interesting to see and experience Turkish life at close quarters. Especially the Turkish mentality impressed me. Everybody was singing and nobody was ashamed, even if he has a bad voice :D.
So, all in all, I made a great experience with all the other students from the different countries. I think we had a lot of fun together. So, at last, thanks to everyone.


Janina Babst
(Germany)

No comments: