Thursday, November 5, 2009

Integration



The meeting we had with Beverly Killeen during our English class was once more very pleasant, entertaining and productive at the same time. The thing I found most interesting were her captivating stories related to her personal life. I was very glad that she had shared all that information with us. My dream is to be able to travel around the world to discover different cultures, people and communities so I was captivated by Beverly’s words because she has done that almost all her life. I can say that it was a great opportunity to realize that it is not easy to move to another country or several other countries. From what I’ve heard and seen, not only from Beverly but from my friends and close relatives, it’s a very difficult thing to do. The result may be the integration of you and your family in that country, or not. Listening to others, especially the ones older than us is essential because you can be inspired to do the same or learn from their mistakes. I strongly believe that every piece of advice is useful and should be taken in consideration especially from the ones close to us like out family.

I could see that everyone in the class felt at ease and loved Beverly’s presence. So I can say that I admire her because of what she had accomplished. Overall I think that the meeting was a great success and I can’t wait for the next time Beverly will visit us.

Adrian Andreica 12 E

Yesterday, during the English class, we had an unforgetable experience.
Our class teacher gave us the chance to learn from another person's experience.
It's about a teacher who was all over the world, we might say. Her experiences made me think about life and realize that there is no place like home.
It was an awesome class, everyone was asking questions and we were all amazed and curious to know more about her trips.
I was deeply impressed by the fact that she was a very sociable, communicative person. I had so much to learn from her experiences, and in another way or the other, it marked each and every one of us and made us see things different.
I am thankful to my class teacher for this class.

Florina Fanea XIIE

No comments: