Sunday, November 22, 2009

interviews with immigrants Quiterie

- From Bangladesh to France or a step in a different life -

Good morning, could you introduce yourself ? Who are you and where are you from ? Could you tell us a bit about your country ?
My name is Faisal and I am from Tunghy a town which is near the capital of Bangladesh, Dhâkâ. Bangladesh is a South-Asian state which was given independance from Pakistan in 1971. This country is a parliamentary democracy where Islam is the state religion. Although it is a democracy the country underwent many political turmoils. Bangladesh is the seventh most populous country and is among the most densely populated countries in the world with a high poverty rate. Even if this country faces economic difficulties it also has an important History, and the most wounderful places in the whole world.

How come you had to leave your country ?
My reasons are at the same time clear and complicated ; Bangladesh is mostly poor and there is no possibility to have a future. Then my case is a bit special, in fact I was under the threat of death there...
That's why I had to leave house, friends and family...

How did you travel to France ?
I did not go to France at the begining. First I spent two years in India where I travelled by car. Then I took a plane in order to go to Austria, at that moment I had a false passport. After staying several months in Austria I went in Italy and then arrived in France. Today I have the status of politica l refugee.

How long have you been in France ? And why did you come to Chambéry ? Did you know anyone ?
I've been living in France since 2005. First I lived in Lyon then friends of mine were in Chambéry that's why I came here. I also found a job here, in a restaurant, something that is really important for me.
I do like the city of Chambéry with the mountains and the nice climate. I enjoy walking around and discovering new places...

I got to contact you by the means of the association Fraternexo in Chambéry. Would you mind telling us about it ?
No, I would be glad to speak about it ! The aim of this new association is to help people like me who had received the status of refugee integrating into society. They organize excursions, tours of the city... . Fraternexo also organized a new event in Chambéry called ''le cercle du silence'' which involved more than 120 people last September. Those people made a circle and stayed totaly quiet for one hour to show their concern about the treatment reserved for foreigners coming to France. Another ''cercle du silence'' will take place on place saint léger in Chambéry on the 16th of December from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. To me, it is an excellent way to show our opinions without any violence.

To finish with all those questions, I would like to know how do French welcome you here ?
People are very very friendly, they are all very nice, with huge smiles. I am now motivated to stay here and to integrate into French society.




Quiterie Landèche
1 ES3

No comments: