Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Interviewing a foreigner


Today, we had Mrs Beverly as our guest at our English class to tell us what she had experienced throughout the period when she travelled.
The meeting which took place today was the best one that we had during this school year
We were interested on the way she “tasted” the goods and bads of our country and the feelings that she had during this period.
I was surprised of the fact that a person can travel and experience so many things just in a lifetime, that a life of someone can be represented by traveling and experiencing new ways of living, meeting new people, different nations, and races.
What impressed me most was that integrating is not as difficult as it looks. At the beginning I thought that if I would go in a foreign country I wouldn`t be able to integrate but as Mrs Beverly told us the people are friendly almost everywhere and integrating cannot be a problem. Also, during our discussion with Mrs Beverly I realized that the rules are everywhere and this cannot be an obstacle of integrating if we accept and respect them.
After this meeting, I see much easier this style of living: traveling, experiencing. If before the meeting, I thought that I will never leave this country now I have a different opinion.
I think that you need ambition and courage to start living like this!

Xanta Luckacsovits

Yesterday was a special day for our class. Mrs. Beverly was invited to one of our classes to share with us her visions and impressions about traveling, accommodating and integrating in every country she had been to as foreigner.
The meeting began with smiles and a few emotions but during the discussion emotions faded away and everybody got connected in a conversation. My colleague, Paul gave her a bouquet of flowers to show our respect for her.
It was nice to see her again because she’s a nice person who loves to communicate with people. I like the way she presented her experiences and her memories from her travels around the world. She makes a warm atmosphere in communicating with others. That makes you concentrated when she talks, you can’t get bored because she catches your attention.
I liked the class with Mrs. Beverly because it was a relaxing one. It was funny and I’ve learned some things about integration and accommodation between strangers in a strange country by a person who lived and still lives in this way. I also liked the way she talked about herself and the sincerity with which she said what she likes and dislikes in Baia Mare and Romania.
During the discussion I learned that every person in the world is realy the same, everybody is equal. And I also learned how I should talk openly, relaxed and how to be polite in discussions.

Ionut Sleam



No comments: